1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

trying to run GTA IV installed on C/ from windows 7 partition D/

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by nilloc93, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nilloc93

nilloc93 Thread Starter

alright this is going to be a PITA i think but i am going to ask you anyways

story: k so i am all exited bout windows 7 (and rightly so) and i got an evaluation version! but not wanting to reformat my 1 hard drive or buy a new one i made a partition about 20 gigs in size and installed windows 7 onto it, so i figure that the path to running a game i installed onto the windows vista Hard Drive should be easy, i went into My Computer and i found rockstar games social club and ran it, after doing the logging in thing i clicked "run GTA IV" and i got this [​IMG](please ignore the BF2142 game in the background its my desktop)
    [​IMG]
    http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll90/nilloc93/Untitled.png?t=1242841579
    ok just click on the link to get the pic

having tried a few other games i cannot get them to work either complaining about compatibility issues not important right now

2. joeten

joeten

3. nilloc93

nilloc93 Thread Starter

alright thats a little odd tho cause i can run mercenarys 2 that is installed on vista from the 7 partition

4. joeten

joeten

ok that is odd but the info is correct i suppose there is always something that is the exception to the rule lol

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/828700