Trying to run Windows 95 game on Vista

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JackMurphyStadiu

I am trying to run British Open Championship Golf/ Looking Glass Technologies 1997 ( I have the 2 disk set )...shipped with Active Movie 1.0 .. system requirments Windows 95 w/ directx 3.0 ... min Pentium 60 Mhz.
Screen freezes after finishing first swing. Also encountered the "AppHangB1" error message. Tried to run in "Windows 95" compatability mode...no luck.

Runs fine on XP.....:eek:

yea i had some compatability problems in vista with older games. for example i tried to play doom on it which said it worked on XP and with vista it never worked.

JackMurphyStadiu

If your copy of DOOM was made for DOS, I would guess you would need to use DOSBOX. I solved my issue with tinkering with the "compatability" selections in "properties" for the game ( right click on the game icon ). Although it was made for Windows 95...I selected...
XP Service Pack 2
Run as Administrator
640X480
Disable visual themes
Disable display scaling

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online