1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

trying to see if a pc will run wow

Discussion in 'Games' started by blizzard_ice, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. blizzard_ice

blizzard_ice It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

um.. i am looking at a computer to buy, and i was wondering if the graphics card would be good enough for World of Warcraft. As you may know WOW is a very demanding game in terms of system requirments. Its a NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 512 MB w/DVI. now im not a computer expert, so i dont know wat that means. and the WOW requirment is a NVIDIA GeForce FX5700 class card or above. So will my computer be able to run WOW???

2. EdtheRed

EdtheRed

Easy answer: Yes.

Edit: That is of course going on the assumption that you're not trying to put that card in an absolute relic of a machine.

3. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

The system requirements for World of Warcraft:

PC:

* Processor: 800MHz or higher CPU.

* RAM: 256Mb or more.

* Video: GeForce 2 or better

* Hard Drive Space: 3Gb or more available.

* DirectX 9.0 or above.

Recommended Specifications

Windows® System 2000/XP OS:

* Intel Pentium® IV 1.5 GHz or AMD XP 1500+ MHz
    * 1024 MB RAM
    * 64 MB 3D graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX 5700 class card or above
    * Broadband Internet connection
    * Two-button scroll-wheel mouse

It will run on slow machines, but wont look as good as it can.
    And like Ed said, you will need more then just a good graphics card.
    Your PC will only run as fast as it's slowest component.

My system runs WOW at full tilt. Some slowdown in congested cities, but most people get that. Ran fine on my 128MB video card too. So just be sure your CPU and RAM are close or over the recommended, and with that card you should be killing Ogres in no time. :D

4. sup2a

sup2a

it should run excellently i have a lower graph card only 256mb and its very good. I had 448mb of ram a bit sharing with the card and i could run WoW but not the expansion so i now have 1.4gb and its running fine and you will need to be sure ur CPU is up to standard mine is 3.02ghz and it runs fine. If the computer has a graphics card like that it should be up to standard. good luck

5. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    As has been said, assuming the rest of the machine isn't from the stone age then that card will breeze WoW.

As for WoW being ....

I think you may be a little out of touch (Im not having a go at you here). WoW, when compared to many many games now, is by no means particularly demanding.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646358

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice