1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trying to set up dual monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by agent674, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. agent674

agent674 Thread Starter

Alright, so I have my primary running on a radeon9200se with omegadrivers... and I want to run my secondary on my onboard which is an asus p4s800-mx and i checked in the bios and it's enabled. BUT i can't select in the display settings to have that monitor run on the onboard instead of the radeon... and i don't know what to do.

2. agent674

agent674 Thread Starter

oh yes, i have the onboard enabled in the bios btw

3. Derrick

Derrick

I'm not sure it's possible to run dual monitor's with a card and the onboard , I could be wroung though, the only way I have done it in the past is using a vid card with two monitor out connections like this.

Attached Files:

4. glowpowered

glowpowered

I am running dual-monitors with a Nvidia PCI card and an on-board hookup and i runs just fine. If your running Win2K or XP, are the two monitors visible in "Display Properties"? If the two monitors are visible than you should be able to right-click one and click Attached and just play around with those settings until you get it. that is what i do because it makes no sense how that works.

5. ejforus

ejforus

make sure you have "extend my desktop" selected in the display properties..

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

It is MUCH easier to use a dual-monitor setup if both monitors are driven from a single card, the drivers and support packages actually know there are dual monitors. I have a nVidia and ATI dual monitor setup here, they work quite well that way.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/451207

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice