1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Trying to set up Quicken in windows 10

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by 4dsmom, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 4dsmom

4dsmom Thread Starter

Just got a Windows 10 PC , that had been used for 6 months. Going from Windows 7 to 10 is a nightmare, so different. I backed up all the files from my Quicken program and now I can't seem to import them into this PC. Any help will be appreciated.
    Thank You
    4 dsmom

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Did you install Quicken, then try to restore the data file(s)?

If this back up is one made on the old machine using Quicken, then on the new machine go to "File, Backup and Restore" do the Restore from there.

What version is this Quicken?
    How did you "Backup" these files?

3. 4dsmom

4dsmom Thread Starter

Got it! Thank you ever so much. Now my gigantic problem is WINDOWS 10! I HATE IT!!!!!!! I have so many things to move from my external hard drive to this one and it goes into the account of the previous administrators account. I can't figure out how to delete her name without deleting the files I have added that is listed in her account. PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS. Cat get her password because she is deceased,
    Thanks again, don't know how I would survive without techguy!

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    I do not understand why they are not going to your folders?
    Can you post a screen shot of the files listing showing them in the old account?
    They may be appearing to be there but are in your folders as you may have Libraries turned on.

If you can get to the other account using File manager, then you may be able to copy them to an external device, a new folder at the root of the C drive or even to your folders?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!