trying to setup new pdc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dt37210

for some reason i have 5 computers hooked up to a switch and they can see each other but for some reason they cant see the two servers win 2000 and win nt shouldnt they all be able to see each other if they all plug into the same dumb switch just like the other laptops see each other in the workgroup
the two servers see each other as well but why cant the two see all the other laptops we were tryin to setup a pdc for users out here in iraq to use the interent to email home but for some reason they are not seein each other i dont believe there is a config loaded in the switch either but i can console in and check any suggestions or ideas

they all have the same ip configs as well
first my main goal is to get the pc's to see each other
thanks

dt37210

hahahahahahhaa already tried that for some dumb reason they cant find te server tats why i said first of all all i wanna do is be able to get them all to see each other in the workgroup but they cant for some odd reason its not like any of the ports on the switch are confiured for anythin so thats why i cant get them to the domain of course thats the easiest solution but its not happenin wei will await some more solutions help and advice thank you

dt37210

yesi can do a fond computer and it will find it but why when they are all set up as a workgroup can they not see each other ?

dt37210

dont you think that that is odd that i can find them all through tthe prompt like i can ping them and i can search for them but i can see them on the network for some stange reason the //servername didnt work either sorry any new guesses i appreciate all your help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online