Trying to uninstall a program that was aborted during instal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DonJon

I was attmepting to download iPod's iTunes and I had a system lock-up during the install. I've tried to reinstall/de-install and I keep receiving an error message.

ERROR 1316: A Network Error Occured While Attempting To Read From the File C:\WINDOWS\Installer\iPod for Windows 2006-03-23.msi

How can I get a "clean" de-install? I think it may have screwed up my registry because now my computers CPU is running at 100% and I can't figure out why. I've ran registry cleaners and nothing seems to fix it. On another Techguy forum we eliminated the possibility of a Trojan.

Thanks in advance

Rache

Banned
Do a backup of your registry 1st; use export and choose 'all files', then if an error is made just doubleclick and registry will be reverted. Navigate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software, and look for the folder by name and delete, then retry.

Try CCleaner. It can remove programs and/or clean up registry. When you use it to clean the registry, it will ask you if you want to create a back-up, click yes.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online