1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trying to update driver for NVIDIA HELP PLZ!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TheIdiot100, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheIdiot100

TheIdiot100 Thread Starter

So i bought a Touchsmart IQ526 Series PC, it's the all in one computers.
    I have a NVIDIA 9300M GS graphics card and i'm trying to update it! Right now the current version is 198.19.
    I've been trying to update the graphics driver to 260.99 (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us) but it keeps giving me an error saying the it is not compatible with hardware! I've been updating drivers from the device manager list but it keeps saying it is up to date. The purpose for me to do this is for the purpose of gaming. I know this PC isn't made for gaming but the specs are able to handle it.

So anyways, please if anyone can help me out here i would be grateful. It just seems impossible finding the driver for it.
    Can you even update drivers on a Touchsmart IQ526?

Here is the hardware IDS
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_06E9&SUBSYS_90101B0A&REV_A1
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_06E9&SUBSYS_90101B0A
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_06E9&CC_030000
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_06E9&CC_0300

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Those are the vendor and device codes for the NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS.

What version of Windows are you using, and is it the 32-bit or 64-bit version?

According to its support site and product specifications section, it comes with Windows Vista Home Premium SP1(64-bit) pre-installed. If you're still using that operating system, have you upgraded it to SP2?

I noticed at the NVIDIA drivers site that the GeForce 9300M GS is listed in the notebook/laptop section and not in the desktop section. I would've thought an all-in-one computer falls in the desktop category, but I guess I'm wrong.

----------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971099

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice