Trying to use phone as a webcam, VLC doesn't show the video

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ghostlindsay

Alright, I'll try to explain this as best I can.

I've been trying to get my Samsung Galaxy S5 to work as a webcam to record video. I have managed to connect my phone to my laptop through the DroidCam app. It's worked through both the WiFi option and the USB (video comes up in the client). I was told to download VLC to record video. I did so, but I can't get the video to display.

One tutorial suggested opening a Dump Network, but that was for the WiFi option and I'd really rather use the USB option. Also, they didn't really explain how that helps or how to do it and I can't find the option to make a Dump Network.

So, now that takes us to the USB option: Open Capture Device. I have tried this, but 1.) there are several options more than what I was told to look for (picture below) and 2.) none of them give me video.

In the event that the image doesn't display, here is the url straight. http://imgur.com/lmF9fGL

I would prefer to get it to work through USB, but I don't care so long as it works. If you guys need more info, let me know. I really hope you can help. Thanks.

P.S. - Sorry if this should be in a different forum.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online