1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trying to use TV on ATI Radeon 7500!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thecaravanman, Jan 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thecaravanman

thecaravanman Thread Starter

Hi Guys,

I have an ATI Radeon 7500 which has 3 ports: Standard CRT Monitor, DVI-Out (flat panel) and S-Video out. With the board came a small cable that plugs into the S-Video out port and the other end is coaxail I am in the UK over here we have wirless terrestrail TV and coaxail cable is used to feed it to the TV, just in case it is different in America? Cable?) I used this small cable with an extension to connect the graphx card to my TV. I want to be able to view my PC with the TV. I THINK I have set it up properly on the PC.

I then tried to tune it in on the TV as a new channel, but it wouldent find it :rolleyes: i checked connections but they seemed fine.

If anyone has any ideas could you please tell me :D

Thanx
    thecaravanman:mad:

2. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Howdy there thecaravanman...

Usually when connecting to the Svideo on a TV ( well...at least on mine ;) ) you have to change the video input on the TV either through the setup menu on the TV or the audio/video ( A/V )button on the remote...

I sometimes connect my laptop to the TV via Svideo, and I have to select video 1 on the TV to view it...

3. thecaravanman

thecaravanman Thread Starter

Hi,

thanx for replying! I am not sure what you mean by video 1?

could you pls explain it as you would for a stupid person (like me?)

thanx
    thecaravanman:D

4. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

HMMM...

Just reread the post and noticed that the cable that you are using has a coax on the other end, I'm not sure that will work if you are connecting it straight from the pc to the TV ( I think you may need a RF converter in order to use it )...

Does the TV have a Svideo input ?

If so get a standard Svideo cable and connect the pc and TV that way...

5. SexyTech

SexyTech

Hi there!

One thing you'll need to do is:
    go into Display Properties--Settings--Advanced
    on the monitor or display tab you'll see the setup for the multiple display configuration. You'll simply need to configure it for S-Video OUT

If you're still having problems with your Radeon, Check out the one place on the Internet where you can get ATI Specific help!

Go to RAGE 3D

They have drivers, tips and tricks, and even a message board!

Good Luck!

ST

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111391

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice