1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tryng to configure Nuvico DVR

Discussion in 'Networking' started by demiurgiac, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. demiurgiac

demiurgiac Thread Starter

Book says to add 5 to last node of IP address (from ipconfig) and update the DVR with that info, then ping that ip address which is 192.168.053.027.
    After several failed attemps I finally realized the 053 and 027, because of the leading zero are interpreted as octal values.
    The more primative DVR GUI requires all 3 digits so they must be entered with a leading zero (053 ans 027)
    I cannot successfully ping the DVR and continue with the installation.
    Any ideas?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Not nearly enough information to even know what you're trying to do.

I'd contact the manufacturer's help folks first.

3. demiurgiac

The DVR is part of a video survallience system. I am trying to connect it to my network through my (Comcast) SMC Networks 8014 router so the video can be viewed over the net. But after assigning an IP address, using the DVR's GUI, I can never successfully ping it and continue with this part of the install.

4. demiurgiac

I HAVE contacted the MFGR's Tech support... not much help

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Perhaps if you provided an exact model and a link to the manual on their site, someone would have a better idea. I doubt many people here are familiar enough with that exact piece of equipment to help with no information.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/852110