1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

tryntalern signs up for broadband today !!!

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by tryntalern, Sep 29, 2008.

Advertisement
  1. tryntalern

tryntalern Thread Starter

:cool::cool: can i get a yeehah !!!!!!!!!!!! :):)

all right you guys talked me into it !!! no more snailing along !!

i just finished getting signed up for broadband vs my dialup.
    there was no dsl avail here and certainly no fiber ( we're not counting breakfast...)
    price wasnt bad $40 month compared to $ 20...i think i can handle that:rolleyes:
    so now tell me the nightmares to look forward to...just kidding I HOPE
    it'll take a couple days for my hardware to get here , but then..

bye bye peoplepc and your stinky dial up...ive been liberated !!!
    ok i guess some might want to know where & how..sorry did't think of that!
    I went to :
    www.verizon.net
    clicked learn more at the not yet a customer.
    they have several packages avail.
    mine is Wireless Broadband...ordered a USB727 Modem for $29.99
    w/typical download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4mbps
    upload speeds of 500-800 kbps
    hope this helps anybody//somebody//everybody..then again i may cry tomorrow.hahahaha ha

2. katonca

katonca

[​IMG] {{(y)}}

It'll change you life :D

3. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

4. iltos

iltos

i've been a verizon customer for years....here in southern california, anyway, their system doesn't even hiccup.....it's never been down, their customer service is ok, and they're responsive to changes in technology.

don't imagine you'll be crying anytime soon (y)
    :)

5. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

I have the same thing as you, the Verizon broadband.

I had some problems in the beginning, some of the problems were on my end, some were on their end, and it took a few days to get it figured out. They were VERY nice, everyone I talked to spoke English as a first language with no accent :D (y) and when the first, lower level tech could not figure out what was wrong, he immediately bumped me to the advanced techs, who did, indeed call me back as they promised. They figured out all the problems (there were several due to my uninstalling some previous stuff from the dial-up) and I have been very satisfied with the customer service.

Oh, the first modem I bought they exchanged immediately at a local store, thinking that was the problem. Turned out that was not the problem, but they gave me a discount for my trouble anyway. (y)

As Iltos says, I've never had any downtime from their service, only when the local tower's power goes out (doesn't happen often, but sometimes the tower generator gets knocked out during a bad storm).

There is a cap on the data usage, but at 5100 Megabytes, it's not a cap that is going to effect most people. About the only thing it really effects is your ability to constantly watch streaming videos and such. I actually watched a lot of the equestrian events of the Olympics last month, hours worth, really (they are not often carried on TV) and only that month even came close to the cap.

I love the fact that you can install the hardware on any PC or laptop, take that little modem and plug it into a USB port, and get highspeed internet on any computer you want. :D You're speed will, of course, depend on the cell phone signal you receive. Sometimes you'll get faster, sometimes you'lll get slower. I have a cell tower on my property, so I get the fastest speed available. ;) 1.5 mg download and slightly lower on uploads.

6. hewee

hewee

Hey great now you can get all the window updates you never got or hated to get because it took so long.

7. BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

Make use of your newly aquired speed and check out the youtube thread here in Random

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754449

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice