1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

TSG and burstnet.com Javascript

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by lotuseclat79, Jan 5, 2006.

Advertisement
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Thread Starter

Hi,

I run Firefox 1.5 with the extension NoScript. When I web into TSG, I am getting a notification from NoScript to either allow or temporarily allow the Javascript for burstnet.com to execute.

What exactly does the Javascript for burstnet.com do, and should I only allow it temporarily for TSG and not for all websites, or allow it for all websites?

Thanks for any information on this matter, as it just so happens I no nothing about burstnet.com.

-- Tom

2. Stoner

Stoner Banned

I also use noscript, FF 1.0.7 here, but in clicking thru the TSG forum this morning, I'm not seeing burstnet as an element.(I configure NoScript to not automatically display notifications, so I may have missed it in the past)
    I have seen it at several other sites I visit and leave it blocked just out of a general policy of 'if I see no need for it....it stays blocked'. :cool:

3. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    BurstMedia (www.BurstMedia.com) is an advertising agency who helps us find advertisers and keep this site running! :)

4. hewee

hewee

Add these to your hosts file and it will block the sites.

127.0.0.1 survey.burstmedia.com
    127.0.0.1 burstmedia.com
    127.0.0.1 web.burstmedia.com
    127.0.0.1 www.burstmedia.com
    127.0.0.1 websurvey.burstmedia.com
    127.0.0.1 roscoe.burstmedia.com

5. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Hewee-wouldn't the HOSTS file leave blank spaces in place of the ads? There is another way (in Firefox at least) that removes them and makes the post column wider to fill up the space- but surely Mike doesn't like us posting about how to block the ads.

6. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    Just goes to show you how much is involved...Thank goodness for tsg....

7. hewee

hewee

Yes brendandonhu it will leave a blank space where the ad box space is. Well if firefox as has abother way that works and takes away the space the ad took then that is even better.

Well posting about hosts files is all over this forum and ad blockers that are used so people that use them are also blocking ads to this and other sites.

I can come here with out seeing ads but I have all the blank spaces.
    But I like helping out so I pay to have the ads remove here at TSG and have done so from also day one that Mike started the no ads for paid members.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/431314

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice