"TSG Coffee and Café with Wi-Fi" #15

HOBOcs

Jim
Evening All, I've been a little busy lately.
Looks like I have some catching up on reading here.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Good evening folks.

Mornin' Yvonne.

It's betting beyond warm here. We're up to hot and humid! And it will just get worse from here ... <sigh>

Randy, don't know what to tell you about the fridge. Best of luck with the situation!

Hey Jim! Being busy is not too bad, I guess ... ;-)

Hi Folks, :)

Hi Jim, :)
Time to take a short break.

Evening Mark, :)
Hope you have air-conditioning,
We're going to have rain for the rest of the week here.

HOBOcs

Jim
Ok Here goes.....

Fridge Fiasco:
First off, RT - So, Sorry for your loss. We are like you - set in our ways. We have a basic unit "Kenmore" model from "Sears" with Freezer on top. Our fridge is on its last leg as well, along with the stove and the "Dishwasher"... and my knees. I'm a DIY guy, but can't get parts for 30year old appliances) and anything new will require a kitchen reno just to make them fit. I have a couple of small "bar" fridges that followed the kids home from school (n the garage). I moved one out to the Garden shed (electrified). Great for storing the my cold beverages.. and now I can stay out longer... I just have to figure where the "new" outhouse will go next.

Mark, I hope the Grand daughter gets what she wants at Bootcamp. Is she in for something specific, experience or an education base. The young'uns will survive. I've been watching a lot of golf lately. I caught the NASCAR event last weekend the "all star" in Texas - "If you're not first...you're last.

YM, weather here has been up and down like a yoyo. We had spring... then snow mid May, then a hot spell for a couple of days. We seemed to back to seasonal 20-25C now but dry.

Garden has been planted, Tomatoes, peppers, peas and cucumbers - we'll see what happens this year. I've got more plants in pots that I can now move around. Still, lots of wildlife interfering. Racoons, skunks and Rabbits are plentiful... too bad hawks are not. Spending lots of time outside with my "grand dogs".

COVID - I've had one jab in April - Pfizer , second is next week. Looks like we are getting back to some sort of normal.

Our Family is safe, hope yours is too!

Sending a tray of ice cubes to RT.

Hi Jim, :)
Sounds like your vegie garden is off to a good start.

We are well here, due for our second Covid shot next month.

RT

G'day or G'evenin', morning noon or midnight to all!
First off, RT - So, Sorry for your loss. We are like you - set in our ways.
Thanks Jim! It sure gets harder to change one's ways as time goes by, but stuff happens....and some how, try as we might it just doesn't work the same 🤷
I just have to figure where the "new" outhouse will go next.
Wishing you luck with that Jim!!
In the old time southern US, an outhouse door is often decorated with a crescent moon symbol...
just food for thought for ye, if you wanna spruce things up :D

Sending a tray of ice cubes to RT.
Thanks man! I'm chillin' already :cool:

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Good evening folks.

Mornin' Yvonne.

Thought I lost this thread for a bit ... ;-)

Mark, I hope the Grand daughter gets what she wants at Bootcamp. Is she in for something specific, experience or an education base.
Well, she wants to be a nurse, but her entrance scores were insufficient for training through them. She was going to take advantage of the 4-year paid schooling. In the service, she was going to be in materials management, whatever that means. No matter, she's not going to succeed in it. She's got fractures in both hips due to the weight of the packs they make them train with. She's just a little bit of a thing, about 5 foot nothing and maybe 100 lbs. soaking wet! Hoisting that pack, carrying it around in training, running, jumping into holes and over obstacles apparently took their toll on her body. They are sending her home. She's done ...

The state offers 2 years of college to all high school graduates. She'll take advantage of that and hopefully figure out some way from there of getting whatever she needs to be a nurse.

Happy 4th to the US residents!

Evening Mark, :)

So sorry to hear about your Grandaughter's problems from training, they should have weights adjusted according to size & strength; she probably pushed through the pain so as not to look weak.
I hope she does well in her alternative pursuits & is healing from her injuries.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Good evening folks.

Mornin' Yvonne.

Thanks. still waiting for her arrival. The state of Tennessee will provide 2 years of college to all high school graduates, so she can at least achieve her RN and maybe get on with a hospital or something that will pay for a higher degree with better pay ...

Morning Mark, :)

I hope she gets enough qualifications to pursue her hospital career.

We had ice all over this morning & couldn't open the boot or rubbish bin without extra effort,
so it was below freezing & only warmed up to about 10C

HOBOcs

Jim
Evening all - Happy Friday

Mark - so sorry for your lost. I read your in memoriam post regarding your son. Not pressing, but how long ago?

I lost my mom in April this year (non-COVID) and fortunately we, my brother actually had gathered photos and documents and put ancestry and her growing up details things in a hard copy book (coffee table type book). "The Book of Mom". for my parents 60th wedding anniversary (my dad has his own too - "The Book of Dad"
It was actually a good "physical" thing for us and better for the grand kids (now) to touch and read. We did a video for their 50th (parents). which was given out ...and who knows where they are now. The book is something you can reach out and touch. I know its tough, Mark but if you are thinking of doing something with the newly found pictures, I might suggest a "remembrance" book. They are easily created using web based publishers/software. If interested I'll let you know what we used.

YM - its cool here this week 20C (no snow), we had a hot spell last week. This week wet, raining and overcast. But no ice!!

Garden is looking better this year. I've been keeping a better eye on things and fertilizing. Unfortunately i have these cute little "bunnies" and they have found my stash, so I've had to surround the garden with "chicken Wire". Between the bunnies and chipmunks, I'm losing my beans.

We are healthy here... (two jabs). YM we are hearing Australia is having some issues. Things are getting back to normal here almost. The border from Canada to the US is still restricted, but as soon as things open up (freely) we're heading to Chicago to visit friends.

Hugs to all!
Any one for a coffee, I'm putting a pot on.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Good Afternoon folks.

Mornin' Yvonne.

Mark - so sorry for your lost. I read your in memoriam post regarding your son. Not pressing, but how long ago?
It was 5 years Friday, Jim. Thanks! Very sudden, no warning, just never woke up. 36 years old and left a wife and two kids, 12 and 9 at the time.

The book idea sounds interesting. I may look into that ...

On a positive note, my 22 year old grandson FINALLY passed his written test for his driver's license! This was either his 4th or 5th try! He just does not test well ... <sigh>

Warming up here, as expected. mid-80s to mid-90s daily, cools off to mid-70s, if we're lucky, at night. A/C is running almost constantly ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online