1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

TSG Search limited since "upgrade"

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by Alex Ethridge, Apr 18, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

When I attempt to use the TSG Search to find posts by user name and the name is more than 12 characters, I'm 'outta' luck. It won't allow more than 12 characters.

What's up with that? It didn't used to be that way.

I must comment that the latest TSG Board modifications seem like change-for-the-sake-of-change in stead of an improvement. I found the old system more convenient and accessible.

2. shortnpretty

shortnpretty

There may be easier ways to do it, but I always clicked on members name and pull up their posts from there. If you click on their name a pull down window appears to give that option along with others.

I have loved the changes since day 1 Mike, and the more I use it, the more I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I use IE and the graphics on the site are absolutely awesome, never seen images so bright and clear. (y)

3. dannyboyfx

dannyboyfx

do you really need more than 12 characters. you can probably narrow down the search with 10 characters.

4. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

So then, it really is limited.

5. RandyG

RandyG

Yes, it is limited, and returns 5000 results, instead of all of them.

The limitation in the characters in the name is because this version of the forum limits usernames to 12 characters. Everyone who was previoulsy registered with a longer name gets grandfathered, but the limit still applies.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221573

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice