Tech Support Guy banner

TSG Search limited since "upgrade"

833 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  RandyG 
#1 ·
When I attempt to use the TSG Search to find posts by user name and the name is more than 12 characters, I'm 'outta' luck. It won't allow more than 12 characters.

What's up with that? It didn't used to be that way.

I must comment that the latest TSG Board modifications seem like change-for-the-sake-of-change in stead of an improvement. I found the old system more convenient and accessible.

#2 ·
There may be easier ways to do it, but I always clicked on members name and pull up their posts from there. If you click on their name a pull down window appears to give that option along with others.

I have loved the changes since day 1 Mike, and the more I use it, the more I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I use IE and the graphics on the site are absolutely awesome, never seen images so bright and clear. :up:

#5 ·
Yes, it is limited, and returns 5000 results, instead of all of them.

The limitation in the characters in the name is because this version of the forum limits usernames to 12 characters. Everyone who was previoulsy registered with a longer name gets grandfathered, but the limit still applies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.