1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

tuneup utilities install

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by doj, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. doj

doj Thread Starter

I have tuneup utilities 2006 installed on my computer,,,,, i want to install tuneup utilities 2007. Just dont know if i should unistall the 2006 version first. Also theres an option in the i get offered,,,, saying i should disable administrative share,,, can be accessed by example C$ .... just dont know what it is really and if i want to share a external drive, will disabling it affect me or i will i still be able to share my external drive with other comps in my home

2. techy689

techy689

Sure, go to add/remove programs and you can uninstall the tuneup 2006.

Then install the 2007.

I have never heard of this software before, what is it? Do you have a link?

I am really confused what you are talking about after that. Can you please reword your question?

3. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

4. doj

doj Thread Starter

tuneup is just a program that help you maintain, clean and optimize your computer, And it works. It just that theres an option theres that says ,,,,Administrative shares allow network access to all disk on your computer, These shares are not visible in My network Places, but can be accessed directly by entering the drive letter together wit $(for example “C$”). ,,,,, I think it help to prevent hacking of your hard drive,,, but not sure,,,, and i wasnt sure if i click it and i want to share my external hard drive would clicking it stop me from sharing my external drive with the other computer that i network in my home

5. cracker224

cracker224

i use it to, i really like it.

6. Old Rich

Old Rich

What does it do that XP does not do?

7. doj

doj Thread Starter

optimizing tips ,,,,not a lot but it does it better than xp does it,,,,, disk clean up,, defrags you hard drive, optimizes your registry, configure your internet connection for peformance,,,,,,, its more for a beginer,,,,,, register cleaner and repair,,,, probley a lot of money unless you got the time to read a lot,,,,, prob saved me hours of reading and when it comes to windows you need to read a lot

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538913

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice