1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Turbo Boost

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by herc, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herc

herc Thread Starter

I presently have a desktop PC with the following specifications:

Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit version Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50 GHz, with 6.00GB Installed memory .

I am considering purchasing an Acer Aspire Laptop with the following specifications:

Windows® 7 Home Premium - 64-bit version - 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3317U Processor (3MB L3 cache, up to 2.6GHz) with Turbo Boost technology - 6GB DDR3 SDRAM - 500GB hard drive.

On further reading of the specifications however, I find the following on the above laptop:

Processor Manufacturer Intel Processor Type Core i5 Processor Modeli5-3317UM Processor Speed 1.70 GHz Processor Core Dual-core (2 Core) Cache3 MB 64-bit Processing.

I am looking for some guidance as to whether this laptop will be as fast as the current desktop I now have and what the difference between a 1.7 GHz processor (with Turbo boost) will be versus the 2.50 GHz processor? I do not use my computer for games but for Word Processing and Spreadsheets as well as web browsing. I also do some video downloading.

I have not been able to find any user reviews on this laptop and I'm wondering if anyone out there has an opinion on this product.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Herc :)

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1068942

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice