Turbo charging Firefox Tabs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TORB

Hi Good Peoples,

Recently I remember someone posted a brilliant trick to allow users to open Firefox Tabs is super quick time. Although I have searched the forums for it, I can't find the original post. Can someone please assist?

Many thanks
Cheers
Ric

TORB

Topaz,

Thats not it.

With what our bowlers are doing to the Yarpees, its just as well you guys are not at the MCG! :eek: :D

I can't think there would be a quicker way than Topazz suggested. . . . :)

TORB

Nope, thats not it. From memory there was a few words of text that had to be inserted somewhwere. It then captured more resources or something.

In that case you would be looking to edit the about:config options but I have no idea which one you are wanting. I'm not actually a Firefox user as I use Opera. ;)

Check out the links here and if no luck try other similar search terms. Alternatively try the Firefox forums.

LauraMJ

Administrator
The quickest way to open a new tab is to simply center click on a link.

If you are looking to increase the speed of the browser itself, there are a couple of extensions that will do that for you without you having to type the stuff in yourself.

if you don't have the new tab icon on your toolbar, right click on toolbar>customize then drag the "new tab" icon over to the toolbar, click done.

then every time you want a new tab click on the "new tab" icon and one opens up right away.

or am i misunderstanding the question?

Ctrl+T is faster than all of them unless there is some way FF can read your mind.

TORB

Thanks to all those that contributed and whilst I thought I saw the original tweak here, its possible I could have seen it else where.

I have taken Topazz's suggestion and installed Fasterfox.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online