1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Turbo-x EReader Glitch

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by damker, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. damker

damker Thread Starter

First Name:
    Danny
    Dear All hi.
    I've got a Turbo-x EReader and I have this problem. I press the on button, a dashed loading line appears at the bottom of the screen but it goes on loading until the machine reboots, the line appears again and then reboots and so on and so forth. I've tried to format it on my computer but the computer does not read the internal disk(?) or whatever storage it has inside.
    Could you please advise what to do about it?
    Anticipated thanks.:)
    D.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

3. damker

damker Thread Starter

First Name:
    Danny
    DoubleHelix hi!
    Thanks for your prompt response.
    I followed the reset instructions as per site above:

Resetting the device

There's a reset to factory setting which can fix some issues. You have to press the menu button (left side, 4th button) and hold until the led blinks, press and hold the + key until the led blinks, and then press the - key.

The problem is the device does not start with the "on" button, only if the micro-usb is plugged in. I tried to reset it by using the micro-usb to turn on. Pressed the + key, waiting for the red LED to blink, but nothing happens. The red LED stays stubbornly unbliningly red. Any more insights?
    Anticipated thanks

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I did a Google search just the same as you can. It appears to be a no-name generic eBook reader. I assume you bought it off eBay or you would have returned it.

5. damker

damker Thread Starter

First Name:
    Danny
    Actually, a friend bought it from Plaisio http://www.plaisio.gr. We will give it back to fix I suppose. I just thought I might be able to find a remedy before we go into that trouble. My friend and I are avid readers, so we can't do without our addiction. Myself have been using a Bebook One model for several years and, bar a few minor glitches, I am very satisfied.
    Thanks for your help.
    Very obliged indee.
    Cheers from Corfu - Greece. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024538

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice