Turn Excel formula into results only

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KathyBeamer

I have a multipage excel workbook that has many formulas. I have set it up for an individual client and he wants the figures to mess around with. I don't want him to have my formulas but he can have his numbers to change at will. How can I take this spreadsheet with many formulas that have results in the cells and copy it into a spreadsheet that is just results?

etaf

Wayne
if you want to copy just the results - paste special = value
but i dont think you want that - I think you want him to enter the numbers and see the results when he changes those numbers but not see the formula - correct

you could write all the formulas in one area - or sheet - and then use this to protect the sheet
http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1682/excel_how_to_hide_formulas_from_other_users/

now on an answer sheet you could show the results

ie
=Sheet1!D6 - where your formula is in sheet1 cell D6 and is hidden and protected with a password

you could also use the same method for the cells he enteres numbers in

therefore the sheet can just have the entries he wants to change and the results of those entries
and the separate hidden sheet is password protected and has all the formula

if he wants to break the password - it is possible to do that - so not 100% safe

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.