1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Turn Excel formula into results only

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by KathyBeamer, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KathyBeamer

KathyBeamer Thread Starter

I have a multipage excel workbook that has many formulas. I have set it up for an individual client and he wants the figures to mess around with. I don't want him to have my formulas but he can have his numbers to change at will. How can I take this spreadsheet with many formulas that have results in the cells and copy it into a spreadsheet that is just results?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    if you want to copy just the results - paste special = value
    but i dont think you want that - I think you want him to enter the numbers and see the results when he changes those numbers but not see the formula - correct

you could write all the formulas in one area - or sheet - and then use this to protect the sheet
    http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1682/excel_how_to_hide_formulas_from_other_users/

now on an answer sheet you could show the results

ie
    =Sheet1!D6 - where your formula is in sheet1 cell D6 and is hidden and protected with a password

you could also use the same method for the cells he enteres numbers in

therefore the sheet can just have the entries he wants to change and the results of those entries
    and the separate hidden sheet is password protected and has all the formula

if he wants to break the password - it is possible to do that - so not 100% safe

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027209

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice