1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Turn-off onboard audio

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by netranger, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. netranger

netranger Thread Starter

Could you help me to turn off my audio from my motherboard. Hope this information will help:

An AMIBIOS ID String Was Detected:
    62-0815-001131-00101111-071595-SiS730S
    - ---- ------ ------
    | | | |
    | | | Chipset/BIOS Info
    | | BIOS Build Date
    | Manufacturer ID
    BIOS ROM Information
    AMIBIOS ROM Size: 256 KB
    BIOS Build Date: Jul 15 1995
    Motherboard Manufacturer Code Detected: 1131 - ELITGROUP

Also I'd like to upgrade my bios. Thanking you in advance

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Is it one of these?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. netranger

netranger Thread Starter

Sorry, didn't get back sooner, it's the bottom one, I beleive. I can open my it up and look again for sure if you need

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

For BIOS updates and manuals, we need to be sure we have the exact board. Please check so we don't head off in the wrong direction :D.

It may be easier in the long run just to right-click your onboard audio in Device Manager and just disable it for the current hardware profile. It would be easier to re-enable that way if you decided to use it again.

But this may be done through the BIOS, too. Since XP overrides many BIOS settings, you may need to disable it bo

5. netranger

netranger Thread Starter

It's the board on the bottom of the pic, I also installed a video card is my on board video disabled as well? Sorry if I sound stupid, I'm actually not when it comes to computers, it just that I pretty much transfered all my stuff from my old one into another case and I don't have the motherboard manual. But the motherboard is the one on the bottom of the pic you sent. Thanking you in advance. Please reply asap.

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

7. netranger

netranger Thread Starter

All of this seems to be what I need. I'll be checking it out this weekend and will follow up with you asap. You're awsome!!! :D

8. novatim

novatim

sorry to dig this thread back up guys - but i'm trying to hunt down the make and model of my motherboard. Using Amibios' id tool i got the same string code and ID as above and mine looks identical to the top of the two pictures (the orange beige one). Can anyone tell me manufacturer and model please? I'm tryng to set up a motherboard monitor so I can keep an eye on the temperature so need to know what the motherboard is.

9. kidcnote

kidcnote Banned

These 2 here will keep an eye on your temps
    http://www.pixpond.com/1/178gtj52.jpg
    http://www.pixpond.com/1/178gtk.jpg

And you can turn off your onboard audio here
    http://www.pixpond.com/1/c0cohh.jpg

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223923

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice