Turn off tapping...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mick4state

I just got a new hard drive for my HP Pavilion Laptop. With the old HD, I just had to go into Control Panel -> Mouse and disable tapping through something called Synaptics. This does not appear at all on my new control panel anywhere under Mouse, nor is there an icon in the lower right like there used to be. It seems like I can make tapping into a science where flicking in different directions does other crap, but I just want tapping off.

Help?

-mick

mick4state

That's what I used to do, but the DEVICE SETTINGS tab isn't there for some reason. See attachment for what happens when I open the MOUSE window from CONTROL PANEL.

-mick

Attachments

mick4state

Tapping is on laptops where you tap the touchpad with your finger and it is the equivalent of a left click. It's useful in some ways, but I hate it. I accidentally press it all the time and my palms sometimes click random links when I'm just trying to type.

-mick

mick4state

Geek Squad did the OS install because I needed a new HD and because I only had the disk to upgrade to Vista, not to install it directly. The touchpad obviously works, but I never installed anything myself.

-mick

mick4state said:
Tapping is on laptops where you tap the touchpad with your finger and it is the equivalent of a left click. It's useful in some ways, but I hate it. I accidentally press it all the time and my palms sometimes click random links when I'm just trying to type.

-mick
Ah, yes. I remember that now. Haven't used the pad in a while, in part because of the inadvertent "taps".

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts