1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Turn Off Task Bar Notification

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dhayes1963, Jun 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dhayes1963

dhayes1963 Thread Starter

I am running XP Home SP2 on my Notebook. When I turn it on, I am sick of the task bar icons (bottom right hand corner) showing notifications such as unconnected LAN connections, availability of Wireless connections etc. Is there any way to turn off these notifications so that I don't see them ? I generally know the status of these services.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

When I'm not using ethernet connections I disable the connection (Network Connections - right click on the connection- 'disable') to avoid the "unplugged" nag.

I'm not on a wireless PC now, but somewhere (I think if you double click on the connection in Network Connections) there are the options to not show disconnects and not show connects--those two will eliminate the notifications you mentioned.

3. cgesicki

cgesicki

4. dhayes1963

dhayes1963 Thread Starter

Thanks cgesicki. Easy. Solved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/474569