1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Turn On/Off Touchpad

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mandy123, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mandy123

mandy123 Thread Starter

I have a Dell Inspiron tunning Windows XP. I once turned off my touchpad (I only use pointing stick), but I don't remember how to reactivate the touchpad.

How do I reactivate it? Thanks.

2. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

Was it a switch under the keyboard?

3. mandy123

mandy123 Thread Starter

No, it was somthing that was accomplished through control panel, or some other very similar application.

4. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

I looked in my Control Panel and don't see anything, but I don't have a Touchpad, so...... :(

5. PROJECT

PROJECT

it is in the BIOS, "disable touchpad when mouse attached" or something like that, then just choose yes or no. If not that than there should be a special dell icon in the control panel, open that and play around. I am using 98 on a dell inspiron and it is in the bios

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/177678

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice