1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Dougj, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dougj

Dougj Thread Starter

On my main windows 7 machine when I visit some secure sites I get the following ( I am trying to download K2 in this case):

IE - This page cannot be displayed. Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to https://getk2.org

Firefox - Secure connection failed. The connection to getk2.org was interrupted while the page was loading. The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

Chrome - This site can’t be reached. getk2.org unexpectedly closed the connection

I can however open these sites on other devise on my network. In IE I found TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 already turned on. I have searched through various posts but am not finding anything that is helping. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am also unsure what hanged when this started happening as it has been ongoing for some time.

Doug

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Try resetting IE back to the default settings. Works for IE, Chrome and FireFox for me....I'm on windows 10. Are all of your browsers fully updated to the latest versions?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  3. Dougj

Dougj Thread Starter

All browsers have been reset to default while trying to fix this and all browsers are current.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1169274

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice