turned off "Smartscreen" but it still blocks downloads

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

df1995

I turned off "Smartscreen" at" Control Panel\System and Security\Security and Maintenance\Change Security and Maintenance settings" but it STILL blocks downloads.

I believe one of the criteria for being unacceptable to "Smartscreen" is that a file in infrequently downloaded. Not a useful criteria in MHO.

Smart screen is not turned off at your given location, that only turns off messages.

Go to Windows Defender Security Centre (the shield icon in the systray) > App and browser control.

df1995

The only setting that seemed relevant was turn off "real-Time Protection" but I don't want to go that far.

I turned off "Smartscreen" at" Control Panel\System and Security\Security and Maintenance\Change Security and Maintenance settings" but it STILL blocks downloads.

I believe one of the criteria for being unacceptable to "Smartscreen" is that a file in infrequently downloaded. Not a useful criteria in MHO.
Now when you go into this menu, you should see something called Change Window Smartscreen Settings. Click it, a window pops up about Unrecognized Apps, and will give you three different options. The bottom option will turn off Smartscreen. Click OK, and reboot your system. Should be fine from there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online