1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Turning Computer On

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by etowahan, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. etowahan

etowahan Thread Starter

I have a Gateway PC and I have a problem turning it on. Sometimes I have to hit the button 3 or 4 times b4 it starts. Anyone else have that problem?

2. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Hi etowahan - welcome to TSG! :)

This problem could be any number of things. How old is your system? It is most likely either a loose connection inside the case, or could be the power supply is going bad.

3. etowahan

etowahan Thread Starter

Thank you Jody,

It could be a loose connection because I did take the case apart to install a new CD-rom. The problem now is how do I find it.

Best Regards,

Bob

4. Chris A

Chris A

Might be your power switch is going bad too.. Do you feel it click when you push it..

5. etowahan

etowahan Thread Starter

Thanks! I'll check out the switch. Don't recall that it is clicking.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/72072

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice