1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Turning off a wired PC disconnects all wireless connections

Discussion in 'Networking' started by wilspeak, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wilspeak

wilspeak Thread Starter

I decided about a month ago to hard wire my Desk Top PC to a Netgear B90-755025 Modem/Router Combo. Almost every night or whenever I turn off my hardwired PC, the Netgear Modem/Router service light starts flashing red and all wirless devices go off line. I had the ATT tech come out and replace the old modem (same model) and the new modem is doing the same thing. When I was wirless this rarely if ever happened. Do you think this has any thing to do with my PC being hard wired and what do you think I can do to solve this disconnection issue ? Thank You in advance.

2. naresh498

naresh498

First Name:
    Naresh kandra
    Can you change the ethernet cable between desktop and modem and check again?

wilspeak likes this.
  3. wilspeak

wilspeak Thread Starter

Hello naresh498, I would have to go out and buy another ethernet cord, which is probably a good idea. Right at this present time, I don't have an extra ethernet cord on hand.

4. naresh498

naresh498

First Name:
    Naresh kandra
    okay, please test it once you have and let us know.

wilspeak likes this.
  5. wilspeak

wilspeak Thread Starter

naresh498, I will and Thank You.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1189336

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice