Turning off "PC Status LED"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tehdansorz

I need some help. I have a desktop PC, and an ASUS motherboard with the newest BIOS installed. I need to turn off the LED on the front which turns on when the PC is on. It's not needed, plus it ruins my sneaky sneaky night stuff :rolleyes:. I can specify anything you need.

valis

I just used electrical tape over mine. Got sick of trying to find which one to break. :)

tehdansorz

Hah, I've actually found all the wires I need to disconnect, but the problem is that I can't plug it off :p

Hah, I've actually found all the wires I need to disconnect, but the problem is that I can't plug it off :p
Exact model of the motherboard? Which computer cabinet do you use?
Also which wires are you talking about?? Did you find the ends that connect to the motherboard or the ones on the back of the LED on the cabinet front panel?

disconnect the power led cable from the case to the motherboard (pwr led)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online