Turning off Toggle Keys!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jamzy1234

Hi
I have an ASUS laptop which runs windows 10 but does not have a CAPS/NUM/SCROLL lock indicator light. So naturally I enabled toggle keys, however 6 months on and the constant, irritating beep each time I press a button I need is starting to drive me insane. I have previously researched how to remove this 'toggle keys' feature after it would not disable if i just reversed the procedure i did to enable it. This involved using regedit and removing flags data and restarting the laptop. After numerous attempts this did not work. I have found related settings in the control panel and attempted to turn these off however I click apply and then ok but one return to the settings page the settings has not changes. I expect this is an issue in itself.

Would anyone be able to assist me on this and any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks

Ronc303

Ron
If want the indicator, but you want to kill the "beep", try these settings under KEYBOARD:
2017-02-07_07-42-41.jpg

Jamzy1234

Settings within the control panel and settings application will not save and apply and therefore do not allow me to turn anything on or off. Thinking that i will now have to do a hard reset keeping files, should i go ahead with this?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online