1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

TV as a computer screen problem

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Kkeller217, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kkeller217

Kkeller217 Thread Starter

I have my TV (westinghouse SK-26H730S) hooked up as a second monitor for my computer. I have an NVDIA GeForce GTX 260 graphics card and am using a DVI/VGA converter and using the vga plug in on the tv. I bought a DVI to HDMI cord and plugged it into the tv and the video shows up for a second then will cut out and make a loud screeching sound. I have tried both HDMI spots, same thing. I hooked up my 360 into it and it worked fine. Is there some setting I need to change on my computer to make this work? (I'm running windows 7 64 bit)

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi and welcome to TSG. If you expecting solutions in an hour, boy have you come to the wrong place. We are all volunteers here and help out as we can when we can. You need to wait at least 24 hours before bumping a previous post. Re-posting the same problem in the same or different forum here is not allowed per site rules.

Duplicate post of:
    http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/974368-tv-computer-screen-problem.html

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974376

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice