1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

TV Capture Software

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by courtlandhui, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. courtlandhui

courtlandhui Thread Starter

I have a ATI All in Wonder card w/ tv tuner. What are some software that works great with my card? (something like TVtime (for linux) or better!) Thanks! (exclude Dscaler if you're going to suggest it)

2. thecoalman

thecoalman

ATI's MMC works best with the AIW since it's designed to work with the card... there an extensive amount of information for setting it up properly here, look to the left under caputuring with a ATI:

www.digitalfaq.com

3. courtlandhui

i dont' like ati's mmc, its too not advanced. lol, i need more options. like dscale, but that works great.

4. gurutech

gurutech

I use Beyond TV. It sets itself up as a web server, so you can record TV shows and "broadcast" them to your home network. Check out www.snapstream.com - they have a 21-day free trial, and then you can purchase the program for $30 (I think...)

Looks like their prices went up. $69.99 for BTV 4. $39.99 if you are upgrading from version 3.

5. thecoalman

thecoalman

In what way? For capturing or watching ?

Unlike most combo cards like the Nvidia VIVO cards the AIW utilizes the GPU for some of the functions such as video soap and mpeg encoding. If you use a different capture utility I'm pretty sure those features can't be utilized.

6. courtlandhui

i just need it for tv watching... (i have s-video, composite, and a tuner).

7. courtlandhui

8. Speedy40

Speedy40

Adobe Premier is the best software ;)

9. courtlandhui

does it have fine tuning?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/449877

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice