1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

TV Card. problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ESandman61, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ESandman61

ESandman61 Thread Starter

Well one day I went to a Computer Shop and I asked hey do you have any TV Card? he said yes and gave me free one.
    I didn't get it with drivers or anything... I installed it, tried to look up in the inet for drivers... @ the of the day I combined downloaded drivers with drivers of my other TV Card...
    and guess what it worked , worked perfectly.

Now I formated and I need the TV Card. I don't know the name of the product, I used the Drivers that are on that CD of the other TV Card.... and I used Driver Genious to look up for a driver to the tv card, it found something Happauge somehow i got the feeling that it's wrong... but it still installed.

Now I set up my tv card connectin it to tv card, opening my iuvcr and put Clone TV in Catalyst Control Center.
    And all I get is a blue screen , and I need to see my desktop , which didn't happen.

What to do? Do you think it's the drivers or what?

Also I had another problem while installing the drivers , it always asked for the WINDOWS XP CD , and it always said it can't find some dll and **** , most of the time he ment to stuff from the drivers.cab and I didn't have one on my pc , only @ my Windows CD... so he used it from there.
    is that a problem? :eek:

2. ESandman61

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Why not just pull the card out and look at it? You can then find out who made it, model number, etc. Once you know that, it should be a simple matter to download the correct driver.

4. ESandman61

Ok... I found out that it's FastCom TV ... Chip - BT878KHF

I can't manage to find any driver... what to do? can anyone try to find me 1?

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Depends on what it is worth to you; just kidding :D :D
    Here is a link to what should be the driver. It is about 1/2 way down the page.
    Link for driver

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646339

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice