1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

TV/Computer monitor set-up for presentations

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NatashaL, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NatashaL

NatashaL Thread Starter

I have a set-up at office that I am trying to figure out. These are the components: -2 HP computer monitors hooked to a desktop -1 samsung smart tv hooked to same computer via an HDMI cable I am trying to get the TV to duplicate one of the computer monitor screens but am unable to do it so far. This is what all we have tried: -setting up on the display properties through the duplicate screen set up on the desktop -switching the graphic cards to newer ones to see if compatibility was an issue -used an HDMI to VGA cable to hook-up the tv to see if that makes a difference.

so far no luck, the TV still behaves like an independent 3rd screen. I need it to duplicate any one of my computer screens. Any thoughts or tips out there?

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

What is the make and model number of the TV?

What is the model number(s) of the HP monitors?

3. NatashaL

NatashaL Thread Starter

The TV is a Samsung smart series 6 (6200)
    The monitors are HP elite displays E221
    I tried something today, the TV duplicates the set-up if there is just one monitor attached. Its when the second monitor is connected, that the TV stops duplicating.

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

5. NatashaL

NatashaL Thread Starter

Thanks for the link SypwareDr! I am working with someone to see if this will resolve the issue. I am not very aware of the drivers and other things involved, will let you know if this helps. Thanks anyway!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222276

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice