1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

TV has power but won't turn on

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by j4310, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j4310

j4310 Thread Starter

Jun 26, 2012
    I just bought a used 50 inch Samsung ppm50h3 plasma tv last night. When I went to look at it, it was mounted up on the guys wall and turned on, working perfectly. Then when I got it home and plugged it in, the red light came on indicating that it had power, but the TV won't turn on. Is there anything I can do or did I just lose $100?
  2. Dryzun

Jun 27, 2012
    Well, there are actually a couple of things that could be wrong, I've been lookin up how to fix plasma tv's trying to fix my own I just bought that I knew was broken.

Important Note: If you are not VERY familiar with electronics, I wouldn't mess with it, these plasma tv's have enough power running through them even when unplugged to do some serious damage to you.

From a quick search on google,
    has a similar problem on the same model, it could be any of a number of problems, but probably can be fixed if you can find the problem for under $150
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058691