1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

TV out from Verto 7600GS has no color b/w image only

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lexsar, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lexsar

Lexsar Thread Starter

I installed a PNY Verto nVidia 7600 GS (512MB) into an HP desktop running XP Home SP2. Using S-video output to a Samsung flatpanel TV. Finally got the video to output after fiddling with it for awhile and updating drivers. Now video on TV output is only in Black & White. Tried adjusting all color settings in nVidia properties and on the TV itself but still no color. I have a feeling that the problem lies somewhere in the settings for the video card but so far I haven't been able to find anything that works. Any ideas?

2. Lexsar

Lexsar Thread Starter

Anyone, anyone......Ferris?

3. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Change the output signal from PAL to NTSC-M or vise versa. You'll find it somewhere in your display properties for your card. :eek:

Copied from another site, while trying to find the setting since I'm not on a PC with a similar card:

First, open your Display Properties and click on the [Settings] tab. Click the [Advanced] button. Click on the [GeForce (etc.)] tab. Select from the side menu [nView Display Settings]. Right click the display that should be your TV (normaly either "2" or "1b" ). Highlight [Select TV Format]. Click [Advanced...] at the bottom of the menu. Change "Video output format:" from [Auto-select] to the apropriate connector (NTSC-M/PAL). Click [Device Adjustments]. Move the "Saturation" slider or just click [Restore Defaults]. Hopfully this should solve the problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/550478

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice