1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

tv out not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lee_1133, Sep 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lee_1133

lee_1133 Thread Starter

i have windows XP
    G Force mx 440 graphics
    tv out cable
    BUT NO MOVIE OR SCREEN ON MY DAMN TV

any idea's

cabling is correct, settings seem correct, i have the hercules prophet view 920 tft screen 17" does that have any bearing?
    latest drivers

the nview media centre just asks me to confirm new settings when i choose analogue and TV but the only option in the window is to restore defaults and performance

the screen goes blank before the window comes up and again after a few seconds??????????????????????

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

2. zeddy

zeddy

You might try uninstalling the drivers for your card and reinstalling to see if that irons out the bug. Try using the just TV settings as if you are trying to use both the moitor and TV and your monitor is fixed at a rate higher than the MHZ of your TV then the tv will not display. I.E. Standard US TV = 50HZ, standard TFT=60HZ (some are 70HZ). TFT frequency is fixed, unlike a CRT monitor which can vary.

So as I say try just setting it up as your TV screen enabled and TFT screen disabled.

3. zeddy

zeddy

But as in the UK the TV is PAL 60HZ, but your TFT monitor may be 70-75HZ.

4. Varouj

Varouj

well try going into your desktop properties then into settings and advanced then look around that area for tv out stuff. my brother has a computer with tv out and i know he has to do that in order to get 2 monitors or tv on the screen...

Check all the tabs in there it should be there

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167198

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice