Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tv-Out Yields Terrible Quality

826 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
I am using Windows XP on a computer I built myself. The video card is an XFX nvidia GeForceFX 5200 128MB w/ TV-Out. I have a cable that I bought from the internet that is meant for hooking up a computer to a TV. It converts a TV-Out (svideo) and Stereo Out (minijack) to RCA to connect to a TV. However, when a connect the cable and turn the TV to the AV-Input channel, I see my desktop but with terrible quality. I am using this primarily to watch movies on my TV, so I can't tolerate this quality. I have the latest drivers downloaded right from NVidia, and everything else on both ends (computer and TV) is default in terms of Video display. Any ideas of what I may have to do on either end to fix this quality? I already messed around with Resolution and tried setting my PC's resolution to all the things my computer supports, but that doesn't help anything. Thanks in advance,

Vivi0

#2 ·
I just posted this a minute ago.

Most TVs make a horrible monitor, reading text is a chore and generally bad display characteristics due to the low resolution of most TVs. Your video card outputs a high-resolution signal into a low resolution TV the TV can't display the whole signal so it looks as though your looking at it threw mini blinds.

#5 ·
TV outputs are 320x480, and that's interlaced, it's 320x240 for non-interlaced. I suspect your video monitor is capable of at least 1024x768, so it's obvious that TV-Out will suck when compared to the computer monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.