1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

tv picture "noise/flutter" when viewing dvd of jpeg images

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by photogal, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. photogal

photogal Thread Starter

My problem is - I've saved my digital photos to a dvd+r on a Sony external dvd drive (DRX-710UL) and when I play the disk on my set top dvd player there is alot of flutter in areas of high contrast. This flutter is not seen when I view the same disk on my computer. I'm burning the disk with Nero 6 software. My computer is running Windows XP Home; Pentium 4 processor. The photos have been manipulated in Photoshop 8.0 and are saved as jpeg files. Is the flutter coming from the tv because the photos are too high a resolution at 300ppi?? Help, please. Photogal

2. silverado4

silverado4

I don't have an answer to your question, but I see you use Nero 6, I am having trouble too burning DVD+R's doing a DVD slide show. I can't get the menu to work, the screen goes blank after the menu comes up. Have you ever had this problem? I didn't have this problem before I downloaded the newest updates to nero Oct. 25, 2004.
    Jack

3. photogal

photogal Thread Starter

Hi Jack ~ I didn't have any trouble burning the dvd with Nero 6 - I didn't have the Nero software installed until I got the external dvd burner which came bundled with the Nero 6 program. So, I was able to burn the disk, look at the slide show on my computer monitor and it looked great. I have found an answer to my problem about the flutter on the tv screen when viewing the dvd of slides I burned - you need a pretty expensive software program called Vegas to get rid of the flutter - the Nero software does not address this problem so even if you can get your dvd burned I think you will be disappointed in how it looks when you play the disk in your set top dvd player and look at your pictures on your television. This problem is not addressed in any product descriptions I've seen for Nero or the Sony DVD/CD rewritable drive (or any other drive). I certainly would not have purchased the dvd burner if I thought I wouldn't be able to get a great image when I viewed my dvd on my television. Hope you have some luck in getting your software to work. I'd be curious to hear what you think of your images when viewed on tv if you are able to burn the disk. Let me know. Photogal

4. silverado4

silverado4

Thanks for your reply, I am disappointed in Nero for the problems I am having burning the slideshows. I see that they now have a new program I think its called Photoshow Elite, of course it costs you yet more money, plus if you want more goodies for it, it cost you more yet. I think I'll start looking elsewhere for another program hopefully without bugs. What makes me mad is they had the slideshow working with the older version, now with the newer version, its not working. I have two dvd burners, one 16x and one 12x, I thought maybe it was my burner gone bad, but it does the same on both burners. I don't have time for this..... Thanks again, and good luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/292962

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice