1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

TV Picture Quality - HDMI vs IP from Cable Provider

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by marc robert, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. marc robert

marc robert Thread Starter

20190727_095136_resized.jpg I currently have Spectrum Cable to my 2.5 year old LG OLED65B6P using HDMI from the HUMAX DVR . The overall picture is great, though the Over The Air Signals using just a small YAGI OTA Antenna is by a noticeable degree that much more vibrant and quality. (I'm fortunate to be facing directly at Mt. Wilson 120 Miles Away at 775 Feet here in San Diego)

I'm helping a friend who was told that they would be getting the "Same Quality" picture if they purchase a SMART TV that can utilize the Spectrum TV APP..... versus using their cable box / HDMI connection.

My TV does not offer the Spectrum APP, and it says it needs Adobe Flash for it to work in addition.... another thing my LG does not support.

As I cannot test the picture quality between the HDMI vs. the Spectrum APP installed on the TV, I wondered if anyone has tested this and sees a quality difference?

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    I also have Spectrum Cable and I have not seen any problems with my digital box connected to my TV with HDMI. I also can watch my TV in my computer by signing in to Spectrum and watch Live TV from there and I have my computer connected to a small TV using HDMI and have no issues with it too (well just a small blurry picture for a few seconds and then it clears up).

3. marc robert

marc robert Thread Starter

Thanks for your comment...... I really do not have any issues with the overall picture quality from Spectrum via the Humax DVR/HDMI connection, as I was commenting more that I found a slight improvement from the OTA Signal.... likely due to the fact the OTA is not as compressed or if at all. My question is more for anyone if they saw a quality difference between Cable/HDMI from their DVR vs. watching content using the Spectrum APP only on the same TV.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    The App wouldn't be better as the source is the same. At best, it would be identical.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230720

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice