1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

TV primary, LCD secondary

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dbz_odom, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dbz_odom

dbz_odom Thread Starter

I am running a Radeon 1900gt sapphire video card with 2 DVI's and 1 S-video wanna-be. I am using the supplied adapter to run the wanna-be S-video to the real S-video to the back of my TV. i get great picture from my tv. but i have also hooked up my LCD monitor via the DVI slot. i right click the desktop and go to display properties and activate the second monitor and check for it to be extended, but when i click Apply, it tries, and then resets the options i have just done. I have also gone into my radeon properties and have tried the same thing. and the same thing happens. it just resets. can i run DVI AND S-video or do i have to run both DVI?? please help.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I would make sure that you are using the latest version of the ATI Catalyst Software and to use the ATI Catalyst Control Center to setup your display rather then using Display Settings.

Latest Driver: http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/radeonx-xp.html
    (The last few have included TV out fixes, as well as general improvements which is why I suggest updating it)

3. dbz_odom

dbz_odom Thread Starter

I updated my drivers and such yesterday. (07-01-07)

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    OK, have you tried using the ATI Catalyst Control Center?

5. dbz_odom

dbz_odom Thread Starter

yes i have.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Hmmm, you should be able to run both. If you do have DVI or HDMI on the TV then you could connect that way. What if disconnect the TV, setup the LCD first and then try enabling the TV.

7. dbz_odom

dbz_odom Thread Starter

i tried that as well and now it seems that i cant get my monitor to work, all i get from it is no signal, even after i restart my comp.

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I'm wondering if there is a problem with the drivers. What about uninstalling them and reinstalling them?

9. dbz_odom

dbz_odom Thread Starter

i will try that.

10. dbz_odom

dbz_odom Thread Starter

it worked. thank you for helping me

11. dbz_odom

dbz_odom Thread Starter

FYI to all who read this...i couldnt get the S-video to work with the DVI, i had to use the annalog cable with the S-video.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590949

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice