1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

TV Repair

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by spitler, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spitler

spitler Thread Starter

My sister just gave me an Element EN-31201E TV. It isn't even a year old yet and it will not turn on. The red indicator light comes on, so I know it has power. I have even tried to turn it on with the remote but nothing happens. Any ideas at to what would be the issue and what it would cost to fix it?

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    You may want to double check the TV owner's manual to find out what kind of warranty covers the TV.

EDIT: Are you sure that the EN-31201E part number is for the TV and not the remote control?

3. spitler

spitler Thread Starter

yes i did find that that was the remote and not the tv but i did locate the model number on the tv and I was able to find more about it on line but still have not fixed the problem. The tv model number is eldfw406 it is 40"

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    That particular model may have come with a one year warranty (from date of original purchase). The warranty may be in the user manual. If your sister still has proof of purchase and the TV is under warranty, it may be worth the effort to get it repaired or replaced under warranty.

Otherwise, you may end up paying some repair shop to diagnose the problem and finding out the repair will cost almost as much as a new TV.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086322

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice