1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

TV screen no longer shows my desktop display

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by dsf103, Nov 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsf103

dsf103 Thread Starter

hi guys,
    first post, recently joined the forum. Hope this is the right topic to post under.

I have an ASUS UX305UA laptop. I used to always connect my laptop to my TV through a mini-HDMI cable, and mirror my desktop onto my TV.
    However, recently that has stopped working.

Whenever I connect the miniHDMI cable to my laptop, I know it's been detected, as my screen 'blinks' for a second. When i check my display settings (which I have attached), I can see that there are two screen available, and that it can detect my panasonic TV as my second screen. But when i click on the 'identify' button, my laptop screen shows 1|2, and my tv remains blank.

I checked the display drivers, and there was no need to update them.

How do I solve it to be able to display my desktop on my TV again?
    Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!
    123.png

Attached Files:

• 123.png
      123.png
      File size:
      87 KB
      Views:
  2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Odd that it's choosing "50hz" (unless you are in the UK).

Does the TV have another HDMI port? If so, it may be worth testing on a different port. Not uncommon for ports to fail (partially fail), especially if they are often being connected/disconnected.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219838

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice