TV Tuner Alternative

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bradle95

I have a cable modem, and a laptop, but no tv in my room. I could get a TV tuner and run a whole lot of coax to get to it, but I would rather not. Is there program/device available that can access the tv channels through my internet connection?

there some but they come with a crazy monthly fee (they go around $30 a month and there probally channels you dont like)

if you want you can use winamp tv and just watch the anime for free

if you don't feel like using a pci tv tuner card, then you can always get a USB tv tuner card.

bradle95

The problem with that is I still have to run a whole bunch of coax. I'm surprised that there isn't a program that will can send the incomming tv cable signal that is going into the cable modem through the internet connection to my computer.

bradle95 said:
I have a cable modem, and a laptop, but no tv in my room. I could get a TV tuner and run a whole lot of coax to get to it, but I would rather not. Is there program/device available that can access the tv channels through my internet connection?
not clear what your after??, i have cable Time Warner Road Runner, with that coax I have my internet, cable TV and Phone, what are you trying to watch tv on your laptop with no wires?

DoubleHelix

Banned
There are specific protocols and devices that transmit network traffic without wires, but there are no such things (as of yet) for cable television signals. Both your internet connection and your cable television stations may come into your house through the same coax cable, but that doesn't mean they can be transmitted around the house using the same technology.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online