1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

TV Tuner Card restarts computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by anonymouse91, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. anonymouse91

anonymouse91 Thread Starter

When I was reinstalling a media center machine, I put in a new card (Asustek TV/FM Tuner card (7134)) from another media center machine (a packard bell).

It recognised the card but needed drivers. I went on the packard bell website to download them but when it came to installing, half way through, it restarted the machine.

I tried taking the card out, installing the drivers and putting it back in but when it was associating the drivers with the card, it rebooted again.

Any ideas?

2. Sherry22160

Sherry22160

Go to Start/Right Click/Explore
    Right Click My Computer/Properties/Advanced/Startup and Recovery
    Unckeck the Rodio Button under Start up and Recovery that says Automatically Restart.

Make sure you to the Manufacturers Web Site and Double Check you are getting the right Drivers for that Card

Here are the Drivers for that Card

You Need to Search Under Drivers and use this TV FM 7134 to Search in the Search Box

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

3. anonymouse91

anonymouse91 Thread Starter

I unchecked the "Automatically Restart" checkbox to find out what the BSOD says. This is what it says:

Code:
    STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF4AA792D, 0xFAFB311C, 0xFAFB2E18)

3xHybrid.sys - Address F4AA792D base at F4A93000
    I've tried the Asus drivers but they say that the drivers aren't right for the card i've got. The packard bell ones give the BSOD halfway through installation.

4. Sherry22160

Sherry22160

This is what Windows Troubleshooter Says

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    (Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
    A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490403

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice