1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

TV weak internet connection

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Blitzer4719, Sep 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Blitzer4719

Blitzer4719 Thread Starter

I have purchased a strong connection from my ISP. Several weeks ago, I cut the cord with cable TV. I now use Hulu to stream live TV.

Hulu generally works fine on all TVs and devices with the exception of one TV, a Samsung model year 2016. When I troubleshoot this TV, it shows that I have a good wifi connection. Is it possible that this TV simply won't accommodate a strong internet connection?

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hello Blitzer4719, and welcome to TSG.

Exactly what do you mean by "a strong internet connection"? How are you connecting to the Internet?

Exactly how is the one Samsung TV not working fine?

3. Blitzer4719

Blitzer4719 Thread Starter

Thank you CWW.
    The TV in question is connected to the internet wirelessly via a Netgear Router (AC1750). The Samsung TV constantly struggles to maintain an internet connection, buffering or outright disconnecting. This is not the case with any other TV or device that in fact is much farther away than the problematic TV.

I hope this helps explain my issue.

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    No, I still do not understand what you purchased from your ISP. I have never seen a "strong connection" feature described as a selling point for any service. Are you trying to say that your Netgear router has a strong WiFi signal?

When you say that your TV is showing a good WiFi signal, have you let it stay on that troubleshooting screen for while to see if it ever drops to poor or loses the connection?

Are any of the other devices with good connections portable enough to where you can test their connection when operated close to the problem TV?

When setting up your TV's WiFi connection, does it show other access points with strong signals? If so, your TV may be more susceptible to nearby interference on adjacent channels than your other devices.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216156

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice