tv with internet apps

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dewittbo

i have a new vizio tv with internet apps. it is wireless. how do i find the passphrase?

DoubleHelix

Banned
You must have secured your wireless connection with encryption. You use the same passphrase to connect the TV that you used for all your computers. Or log into the router and get it.

dewittbo

i ordered it from att. my user name is my e-mail & password is 10 characters. the vizio install info calls for a 4-letter passphrase.
thanks

DoubleHelix

Banned
I can't decipher your post. What user name and password are you talking about? For what? Logging into the router? How do you know you need to enter a "4-letter passphrase"? If your encryption key is really only 4 characters, it's not very secure. Are you sure you're connecting to your wireless network and not someone else's?

How did you set up other computers with wireless network adapters? They would have prompted for the encryption key as well. If you really have no idea what it is, you need to log into the router to see if you can find it. If you don't have the password for it, you'll have to either get it from AT&T or reset the whole thing and re-configure yourself from scratch.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online