1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

tv with internet apps

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by dewittbo, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dewittbo

dewittbo Thread Starter

i have a new vizio tv with internet apps. it is wireless. how do i find the passphrase?

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You must have secured your wireless connection with encryption. You use the same passphrase to connect the TV that you used for all your computers. Or log into the router and get it.

3. dewittbo

dewittbo Thread Starter

how do you log into the router?

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Who set it up for you?

5. dewittbo

dewittbo Thread Starter

i ordered it from att. my user name is my e-mail & password is 10 characters. the vizio install info calls for a 4-letter passphrase.
    thanks

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I can't decipher your post. What user name and password are you talking about? For what? Logging into the router? How do you know you need to enter a "4-letter passphrase"? If your encryption key is really only 4 characters, it's not very secure. Are you sure you're connecting to your wireless network and not someone else's?

How did you set up other computers with wireless network adapters? They would have prompted for the encryption key as well. If you really have no idea what it is, you need to log into the router to see if you can find it. If you don't have the password for it, you'll have to either get it from AT&T or reset the whole thing and re-configure yourself from scratch.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973453

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice