1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tv without a cable box

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Newuser2019, Feb 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Newuser2019

Newuser2019 Thread Starter

Hello everyone,
    I hope I can get some help. My situation is that I have cable, I have 2 tvs. It costs $15 to rent a cable box for each tv. I need to rent at least one, but how do I get channels on the other tv that won't have a cable box? I have connected the cable to the tv without a cable box, and I am not getting any channels on that tv. Is there something I can get that is not too expensive so I can get a few local channels? Any suggestions and advice welcomed. Thank you.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

An antenna. I use one since I got rid of cable a few years ago.
    A decent antenna will cost you $30 or so and is very easy to install/connect.

3. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    If you have cable such as Spectrum you can watch TV on your computer too. If you have other cable providers you may need to call their customer support to see if they offer it too.
    I also have cable TV but only use 1 basic cable box. I never record any TV shows, that is why I just downgraded my box and it is a little bit cheaper.
    If I buy an off the air antenna I will only get 2 channels since where I am at the TV stations are too far away from my town and one antenna is near my town.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  4. lynx1021

lynx1021

You could try one of these.https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics...na&qid=1552663831&s=gateway&sr=8-4&pldnSite=1 It says 50 miles but most are overrated (Maybe 35) My cable boxes are $7.95 each. I have two and three TV's. I tried some rabbit ears and got about 10 channels on one of my TV's. I have spectrum and I can watch Spectrum TV channels on the computer also. I even tested it at work, had Jerry Springer on the computer at work. Did it just to check it out for a few min. My employer might not approve, Ha!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223229

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice