1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

TVtime Television Viewer in linux mandrake 10.0 assistance needed

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by mcnutt, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcnutt

mcnutt Thread Starter

i could use a leg up here mandrake 10.0 sees my card as Bt878 tvtime viewer shows a blue screen with no signal display - all too familiar scenario i am sure. video card is an ati 9200se. any leads would be most appreciated. mcnutt

2. lynch

lynch

3. mcnutt

mcnutt Thread Starter

my tv capture card is generic with the bt878 chipset. i have adelphia cable.
    i installed tvtime television viewer. i downloaded bttv but it seems it is already installed as a module with mandrake 10.0. does bttv need to be further installed or something? linux sees my card as the following:

Tvcard
    Bt878
    Vendor: Brooktree Corp.
    Bus: PCI
    Bus ID: 109e:36e
    Location on the Bus: 0:a:0
    Description: Bt878
    Module: bttv
    Media Class: Multimedia_Video

Other Multimedia Devices
    Bt878
    Bus ID: 109e878
    Loc. on the Bus: 0:a:1
    Desc: saa
    Module: btaudio
    Multimedia_Other

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274826

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice